Microsoft Software System Requirements
For more information about Microsoft Office, please contact the Microsoft Web Site
Microsoft Office 2010 Home for Windows - $139
Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac - $139
- Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack (SP) 2 or later or Microsoft Windows Server 2003 (or higher) required.
- 500 megahertz (MHz) processor or higher; 256 megabyte (MB) RAM or higher
- DVD drive
- 1 gigahertz (GHz)
- 512 MB of RAM or higher is required to run Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager.
- 2 gigabyte (GB) necessary for install; a portion of this disk space will be freed after installation if the original download package is removed from the hard drive.
- Minimum 800x600; 1024x768 or higher recommended Broadband connection, 128 kilobits per second (Kbps) or greater, for download and activation of products.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 with service packs
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 or later required for Outlook 2007 users.
- To install Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager, you will need to first install Outlook 2007
Back to top
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional-based computer with a Pentium III processor and 256 MB of RAM is the recommended system.
- Pentium 233-megahertz (MHz)-or-higher processor.
- Windows 2000 Professional, Windows XP Professional or later.
- 176 MB of RAM
- 105 MB hard drive space for a typical installation. 70 MB of the 105 MB must be on the hard disk where the operating system is installed.
- 55 MB additional hard drive space for atypical installation on a computer that Microsoft Office 2003 is installed on.
- 310 MB for a full installation on a computer that Office XP is not installed on.
- Super VGA (800X600) or higher resolution monitor.
- Microsoft Mouse, Microsoft IntelliMouse, or compatible pointing device.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.01 with Service Pack 3 or later, Microsoft Internet Explorer5.5 with Service Pack 2 or later, or Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 with Service Pack 1 or later. For the best experience, use Internet Explorer 6.0. Additional items or services that you must have to use certain features include the following:
- Internet functionality requires dial-up Internet access or broadband Internet access, provided separately.
- Multimedia computer to access sound and other multimedia effects.
- Windows-compatible network and MAPI compliant mail systems required for e-mail features.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000 with Service Pack 3 or later, or Oracle 8.0.5, or Oracle 8i, or Oracle 9.2 or later, required for projects stored in databases.
- Note If you are using the enterprise features of Microsoft Project Server 2003, Microsoft SQL Server 2000 is required.
- Microsoft Office Project Server 2003 required for enterprise project and resource management capabilities. Project Server 2003 has a separate set of system requirements.
- Some Internet functionality may require Internet access and payment of a separate fee to a service provider. Local and long distance telephone toll charges may apply.
- To use Microsoft Project Web Access, you need a computer with the same configuration that is listed earlier in this article, plus the following:
- 5 to 15 MB of additional available hard disk space.
Back to top